The marketing department was established, and is overseen, by Robin Auld. The principal responsibilities of the marketing department are brand marketing and franchise recruitment marketing. Brand marketing helps deliver potential customers to the Group’s individual brands and franchise recruitment marketing helps recruit new franchisees.
Due to the knowledge and experience of the marketing department in the franchising industry, the team is able to develop what the Group believes are effective marketing programmes that continually evolve to help ensure maximum reach, effectiveness and return on investment. Franchise Brands plc works with Universal McCann, which is one of the world’s top media agencies.
National marketing and advertising campaigns are undertaken by our head office marketing team which are funded by a contribution from all franchisees.
Franchise Brands plc continues to provide its franchisees with an increasing number of consumer leads, in the region of 300,000 customer leads in 2016. This is achieved through a fully integrated marketing strategy which includes:
- Regular National TV advertising for ChipsAway and Ovenclean on ITV and Sky Channels
- Extensive online marketing including:
- Search Engine Marketing (including Pay Per Click Campaigns and Display)
- Search Engine Optimisation
- Content Marketing
- Social Media Marketing
- Ongoing email marketing to databases of over 150,000 opt-in subscribers
- Targeted and relevant PR activity
- Alliances with strategic partners
- Bespoke topical and refreshed artwork and promotional literature for local marketing.
In addition, we regularly carry out brand research and rigorously protect the integrity of our brands