World Mental Health Day – 10th October
A major part of our duty of care as an employer is to raise awareness of the wide range of issues related to mental health so that it is further de-stigmatised and becomes part of the mainstream discussion around other physiological conditions.
To this end, we are supporting and promoting World Mental Health Day which takes place on Sunday 10th October.
The principal theme this year is entitled “Forward Together for Mental Health”.
The Charity, Mental Health Foundation, has partnered with ITN Productions Industry News, to co-produce a special news programme for World Mental Health Day which launches on Sunday 10 October 2021 and which explores the sharper focus that Covid has provided around these issues over the last 18 months:
In addition to this, there are several other ways to get involved:
- Participate in the forthcoming online event: – “The Big Mental Health Get Together”;
- Become a regular donor to the Charity – however large or small;
- Learn about how we can all lobby for change with our employers and other institutions;
- Learn more generally about mental health conditions;
- Connect with others via “Clic” – the on-line community hosted by the Foundation.
We are proud of our track record on how seriously we take mental health issues and have a range of support and resources in place to help anyone who may be struggling to cope on a day to day basis. This includes our EAP which can be accessed day or night, 365 days and nights a year, in addition to our accredited Mental Health First Aiders.